What is anxiety attack feel like

what is anxiety attacks feel like
what is anxiety attack feel like

What is anxiety attack feel like


Almost two percent of adult Americans, or three million people, will have anxiety disorder at some time in their lives. Anxiety disorder is a serious health problem and is very different from other types of anxiety. Anxiety attacks are sudden, appear to be unprovoked, and are often disabling. If you have anxiety disorder, you may feel suddenly terrified for no reason. During a anxiety attack, you also have scary physical feelings like a fast heartbeat, trouble breathing, or dizziness. Some people believe they are having a heart attack.

Anxiety Attack can happen at any time and any place without warning. Many people with panic disorder develop intense anxiety between episodes. It is not unusual for a person with panic disorder to develop phobias about places or situations where Anxiety Attack have occurred, such as in supermarkets or other everyday situations.



No amount of me trying to explain myself was doing any good. I didn't even know what was going on inside of me, so how could I have explained it to them? Sierra D. Waters, Debbie.

Anxiety Attack often begin when people are young adults, around 18 to 24 years old. Sometimes they start when a person is under a lot of stress, for example after the death of a loved one or after having a baby. Anyone can have Anxiety disorder, but more women than men have the illness. It sometimes runs in families.


Speaking to a specially trained doctor or counselor who can teach you ways to cope with your Anxiety Attack helps many people with anxiety disorder. Therapy will help you feel less afraid and anxious. Thanks to research, there are a variety of treatments available, including several effective medications, and also specific forms of psychotherapy. Often, a combination of psychotherapy and medications produces good results.

Today I wore a pair of faded old jeans and a plain grey baggy shirt. I hadn't even taken a shower, and I did not put on an ounce of makeup. I grabbed a worn out black oversized jacket to cover myself with even though it is warm outside. I have made conscious decisions lately to look like less of what I felt a male would want to see. I want to disappear. Sierra D. Waters, Debbie.

It is extremely important for a person suffering from anxiety disorder to understand that help is available. Tragically, many people with anxiety disorder do not seek or receive treatment. The physical toll this takes adds to the problem.

Comments